You can often get immediate help in an emergency from these contacts;

Council Website and switchboard – www.brighton-hove.gov.uk or 01273 290 000

Refuse and Recycling, Roads Pavements, Street Cleaning, Street Lighting, Parks – 01273 292 929

Reporting Anti-social behaviour to the Council – 01273 292 735

Parking Services – 01273 296 622

Housing advice – 01273 294 400

Council housing tenants – 01273 293 030

Planning – 01273 292 222

Noise Patrol – 01273 293 541

Tax Credit helpline – 0345 300 3900

ACAS (for National Minimum Wage, working hours and employment agency issues) – 0300 123 1100

Pension Advisory service – 0345 601 2923

Winter Fuel Payment Helpline – 08459 15 15 15

Access Point: adult social care – 01273 295 555

Age Concern – 01273 720 603

Crime Stoppers – 0800 555 111

Police – 01273 470 101

In an Emergency always call – 999


Peter has surgeries with constituents on Fridays, usually in the constituency office in Hove. This is run on an appointment system – you can email (please include your name and address) at hove.portslade@parliament.uk Alternatively, our specialist caseworker, Stella Pentecost, can see you Monday – Thursday.

>>>> Please email hove.portslade@parliament.uk or call 01273 933380 for help and advice<<<<

His constituency office is at:

99 Church Road



TEL: 01273 933380

We can only accept casework from constituents living in Hove, Portslade or Hangleton. If you send emails or letters please provide a confirmation address. We cannot act on behalf of residents in another constituency. You should always make contact with your own Member of Parliament.

What issues CAN’T we deal with?

If you have a problem which is the responsibility of local government, such as your local council, you should contact the local councillor. If you have tried to seek support without success we may be able to look into the matter for you.

You can find your local councillor HERE https://present.brighton-hove.gov.uk/mgFindMember.aspx

There are some things my office cannot do, these include:

  • Give legal advice or interfere with ongoing legal proceedings
  • Offer consumer or contract advice
  • Offer debt advice or advice on financial services
  • Become involved in disputes with other individuals
  • Requests to sign or witness official documents
  • Peter can only sign passports or official documents if he knows you personally, in line with the guidance issued with the application form. It isn’t enough to ‘know of you’ and MPs will usually apply a high bar of personal knowledge of the constituent before agreeing to sign official documents.

If you want to contact Peter about a policy or political matter you can contact him at;



Peter runs a very busy and accessible constituency office in Hove. It’s fantastic to think that people are interested in being involved and helping. At the moment we get a lot of requests so Peter is having to prioritise applications from his own constituency of Hove and Portslade.

If you’re interested please send in a CV and application letter to hove.portslade@parliament.uk We will keep your details on file and do our best if an opportunity arises.

We book Westminster work experience a year ahead so please ensure you contact us in plenty of time and include a CV and covering letter.

We always do our best to accommodate as many people as possible but please don’t be too disappointed if you don’t hear from us.


Link to Instagram Link to Twitter Link to YouTube Link to Facebook Link to LinkedIn Link to Snapchat Close Fax Website Location Phone Email Calendar Building Search