Contact Peter

Help From Your MP

Peter has surgeries with constituents on Fridays. This is run on an appointment system - you can email (including your name and address) at Alternatively, our specialist caseworker, Stella Pentecost, can see you Monday - Thursday. Please use for casework.

His constituency office is at,

99 Church Road



TEL: 01273 933380

We can only accept casework from constituents living in Hove, Portslade or Hangleton. If you send emails or letters please provide a confirmation address. We cannot act on behalf of residents in another constituency. You should always make contact with your own Member of Parliament.

What issues can’t we usually deal with?

If you have a problem which isn’t the responsibility of central government, such as your local council, you should contact the local councillor. If you have tried to seek support without success we may be able to look into the matter for you.

There are some things my office cannot do, these include;

Give legal advice or interfere with ongoing legal proceedings
Offer consumer or contract advice
Offer debt advice or advice on financial services
Become involved in disputes with other individuals
Requests to sign or witness official documents

Peter can only sign passports or official documents if he knows you personally, in line with the guidance issued with the application form. It isn’t enough to ‘know of you’ and MPs will usually apply a high bar of personal knowledge of the constituent before agreeing to sign official documents.

If you want to contact Peter about a policy or political matter you can contact him at;


You can often get immediate help in an emergency from these contacts;

Council Website and switchboard - or 01273 290 000 

Refuse and Recycling, Roads Pavements, Street Cleaning, Street Lighting, Parks - 01273 292 929 

Reporting Anti-social behaviour to the Council - 01273 292 735

Parking Services - 01273 296 622

Housing advice - 01273 294 400

Council housing tenants - 01273 293 030

Planning - 01273 292 222

Noise Patrol - 01273 293 541

Tax Credit helpline - 0345 300 3900 

ACAS (for National Minimum Wage, working hours and employment agency issues) - 0300 123 1100

Pension Advisory service - 0345 601 2923

Winter Fuel Payment Helpline - 08459 15 15 15

Access Point: adult social care - 01273 295 555

Age Concern - 01273 720 603

Crime Stoppers - 0800 555 111 

Police - 01273 470 101

In an Emergency always call - 999

Do you like this page?


Please check your e-mail for a link to activate your account.
commented 2017-03-23 13:40:03 +0000
Testing testing

The Labour Party will place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better.

Please read this to review the updates about which cookies we use and what information we collect on our site.

To find out more about these cookies, see our privacy notice. Use of this site confirms your acceptance of these cookies.